Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nerd Alert! End of Year Shamgestions

I'd steal your crazy too, but I'm good in that department.
     Happy Hol-i-gayz, Lil' Baconators.  All Some of you may know that every year, my dear Shamblette friend, LaCray LeMansh puts out a list of the top albums, movies, TV, and books for the year on Facebook in a note called "the best-of list".  Well he's lame, because clearly he hasn't realized Facebook Notes are sooo 200late.  But, seeing as how I agree with his picks (because he likes everything I do since he wants to be me [minus 500 pounds]), I'm posting his list here on the Shamblette's as a sort of end-of-year Nerd Alert post with his Shamgestions for the top recommendations in the world of entergaynment.  
     I'm not proud of my theft, but neither were Lindsay Lohan and Winona Ryder.  But, unlike them, I won't turn into a lesbian or play a washed up has-been in Black Swan, instead I'll hold my chins up high and say that what follows after the jump are LaCray's top picks of 2011, and I whole-baconwrapped-heartedly agree with them.  Let me know in the comments if you do too...
---------------------------------
  
     SIDE NOTE:  I've made his post better by forming a small Whatchu Playin' Fool game within his list.  Lemme explain, I've posted a picture at the top of each section to hint at who the number one spot belongs to.  See if you can figure it out before scrolling down to see the results... or just be an asshole and don't even try, either way I'll still probably want to eat everything you own.  Tomato/Tomahto.  So here we go...
---------------------------------

Lissy up. Ur Diagnosis is 187 over R.I.P.  So I'mma stab you.
----------------- TOP MUSIC --------------------
20 - Avril Lavigne - "Goodbye Lullaby" -- (Hello, a more adult sound)
19 - Feist - "Metals" -- (Homegirl can sing, she just needs to pick up the pace a bit)
18 - Vanessa Carlton - "Rabbits on the Run" -- (Not her best, but still good)
17 - Ryan Adams - "Ashes and Fire" -- (Good, but not amazing, even Oprah has bad days)
16 - Radical Face - "Family Tree" -- (This is making art/reading music at it's best)
15 - Chevelle - "Hats Off" -- (Clothes too, cuz these jams get me in the mood for rocking)
14 - Death Cab For Cutie - "Codes and Keys" -- (Not their best, but still opens my doors)
13 - Moby – "Destroyed" -- (Good Yoga Music, or eating music.. whichever you prefer)
12 - Coldplay - "Mylo Xyloto" -- (Stupid album title aside, these Brits still got it)
12 - Yelle - "Safari Disco Club" -- (please enter said club, cuz it'll make you dance)
11 - Bjork - "Biophilia" -- (Just as weird and melodic as always, keep bein' crazy, bitch)
10 - Ladytron - "Gravity the Seducer" -- (For beats this good, gravity can rape me)
9 - Laura Marling - "A Creature I Don't Know" -- (A creature I do know is this chick's pipes)
8 - Bright Eyes - "The People's Key" - (Less "makes me wanna kill myself depressing")
7 - Lady Gaga – "Born This Way" -- (Like Bobby/Chris Brown, the hits can't be denied)
6 - Mates of State - "Mountaintops" -- (They get better and better with each album)
5 - Black Keys - "El Camino" -- (El Camino is Spanish for "awesome" apparently)
4 - Adele - "21" -- (Hey, Adele, Now that you're legal, let's get wasted and have a good cry)
3 - Decemberists - "The King Is Dead" -- (...And I like it, cuz these jambz are STD catchy)
2 - Florence + The Machine - "Ceremonials" (Celebrate this "drag queen's" vocals, I did )
.....................AND THE BEST ALBUM OF 2011 IS...................
           1 - The Kills - "Blood Pressure" (...is rising from these hot as shit beats)

HONORABLE MENTIONS (No particular order)
1 - Tori Amos - "Night of Heart" -- (Kinda "I'm gonna kill you-ey", but good)
2 - She Wants Revenge - "Valleyheart" -- (About 5 or so hits, the rest are misses)
3 - Phantogram - "Nightlife" --  (Awesome album, but only has 6 songs)
4 - Marianne Faithful - "Horses and High Heels" -- (Don't own either, but this album I do) 
5 - Cake - "Showroom of Compassion" -- (I can't say no to cake, the band either)
6 - Amos Lee - "Mission Bell" -- (Get it together, Amos this is an uneven one from you)
7 - The Sounds - "Something to Die For" -- (...This album, for starters)
8 - Red Hot Chilli Peppers - "I'm With You" -- (Not exactly, chillies, it didn't blow me away)

THESE BITCHES WERE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED BUT HIGHLY SUCKED.... SHAME ON YOU!
1.     Bush – "The Sea Of Memories" -- (...were instantly forgotten)
2.     Foo Fighters – "Wasted Light" -- (More like wasted album)
3.     Gorillaz – "The Fall" -- (More like "the collapse")
4.     PJ Harvey - "Let England Shake" -- (And kill everything that listens to it)
5.     Radiohead - "The King Of Limbs" -- (... has just been dethrowned, this shit is bad)
6.     REM - "Collapse Into Now" -- (More like, collapse into shitty album)
7.     The Strokes - "Angles" -- (Right angles?  Try wrong angles)
8.     TV On The Radio - "Nine Types of Light" -- (But ten songs of disappointment)
---------------------------------------

Only the people of color are following directions.
----------  TOP MOVIES ------------ 
4.     Martha Marcy May Marlene - (painfully slow paced in parts, but interesting story)
3.     Shame - (Looks pretty, lame indie-film "ending", but def something different)
2.     The Skin I'm In - (Freaky story, satisfying ending, terrifying to imagine happening)
1.     Scream 4 - (Seriously, you expected something else as my top pick?  You don't even know me)
---------------------------------------

Subtle, yet brilliant... just like the show.
------------- TOP TV ---------------
7.     True Blood -- (This season had more promise than execution, but I'm still a fan)
6.     Homeland -- (A little slow, but in a good way, smart people TV)
5.     Pretty Little Liars -- (Gaping plot holes aside, this shit is dramalicious!)
4.     Awkward -- (This show is hilario, and full of mad stank face, you're welcome).
3.     Parks and Recreation -- (This show gets better and better every season)
2.     Happy Endings -- (The most am-ahhzing comedy to come along since 30 Rock)
1.     Parenthood -- (Gets me every time.  No show is as real and well acted/written)
---------------------------------------

Learn, DAMMIT!
 ------------- TOP BOOK ---------------
*** Tom Perotta - "The Abstinence Teacher" - Simply put, this book is full of more wise quotes and storytelling than an episode of Ru Paul's Drag Race.  Seriously though, this book is amazing, and like some freaky sex thing from Europe, everyone should give it a try.

-----------------------------------

I'm hittin' up the juicebox bar while U think about what'chu done.
      So there you go.  Please-to consider this my last post of 2011.  I'm going to rehab on vacation for a few weeks, but I'll be back in January (if not before) for more Shamblette's.  Hopefully for my sake, when I get back I'll be 400 pounds lighter and able to see my feet again when I pretend to shower... but hopefully for your sake I won't, because what would this site be without me complaining about everything for your enjoyment?
    Happy Jew Year, Lil' Baconators.  Here's to hoping for a "the-Mayan's-were-wrong-we-all-won't-die" 2012!  And thanks to LaCray LeMansh to letting me steal his list so I have less to do this Ho-liday season... he will be rewarded by me not eating him.

     ---- Adrian Grenadine.

No comments:

Post a Comment